Birth: Sri Kapoor Chand Jain Patni was born on 10th November, 1941 at Palasbari in the District of Kamrup (Assam). His father’s name was Late Champalal Jain Patni who was a well-known and leading businessman of Palasbari.
Education: At the age of 5, he was admitted in the Jain Pathsala at Palasbari where he read upto Class IV. Subsequently he was admitted to the R.B High School in Class V where he studied upto Class VIII in Assamese Medium.
Since he was a brilliant student, he ws admitted in Class IX in the Cotton Collegiate School of Guwahati from where he passed his Matriculation Examination in First Division with Letter Marks in English and Mathematics and Sanskrit.He passed I.Sc. from Cotton College Guwahati in the year 1959 and was placed in First Division.Therefore, he went over to Calcutta and got himself admitted in the St. Xavier’s College in the B.A. Class with Hons in English Literature. Subsequently he passed M.A. from Calcutta University in English Literature and also did his LL.B. from there securing First Class. In his Intermidiate Examination at Guwahati, he got highest marks in Assamese in the University.
Marriage: Sri Kapoor Chand Jain Patni was married in the year 1961 to Smt.Manimala Devi. After marriage also he continued his study at Calcutta in Post Graduate and Law Classes. He has three daughters and one son named Rajesh who has passed B.Com and doing business of Cement at present.
Eloquent Speaker: Sri Kapoor Chand Jain Patni is an eloquent speaker and he can speak brilliantly in any subject particularly on the Religious and Philosphical subjects. He is able to create a lasting impression on the minds of the audience by his fluent speech and mastery over the subject.
Well-known social worker: He is a devoted social worker and performs his duties with great zeal and responsibility. Under his guidance the Digamber Jain Vidyalaya of Guwahati has progressed impressively and at present it is a leading educational Institution of the city. It is an English Medium School imparting education to both boys and girls right Nursery to Class X. The School has shown 100% results in the Matricuation Examination conducted By SEBA since last so many years. The present strength of students in the school is 800 students.
He was also General Secretary of Kamrup Chamber of Commerce, Guwahati for a period of 10 years. He was also founder president of the Guwahati Sanitary and Hardware Merchants’ Association. At present Sri Jain is the Trustee-In–Charge of Sri Digamber Jain Junior College, Guwahati which is imparting education to girl students in class XI and XII in both Arts and Commerce Faculties. He was also made President of the Managing Committee of Sri P.S. Dhenuka Balika Ucchatar Madhyamik Vidyalaya, which is also a leading educational Institution of the city.
In the Year 1988, Sri Jain founded a leading social organization, ‘JEEVAN JYOTI’, for the propagation of Ahimsa and vegetarianism and social justice. This Institution is still rendering a Yeoman’s service in helping the poor and down trodden people of the society by giving donations and organizing health camps from time to time.
Awarding of the title ‘Samaj Ratna’: In the year 1992, Sri Jain was instrumental in organizing the ‘Panch Kalyanak Mahotsava’ at the Dispur Jain Mandir which was newly built at that time. The function was great success and the Dispur Jain Samaj felicitated Sri Jain at a public functuin and awarded the title of ‘Samaj Ratna’ which is a great honour.
Appointed Joint Editor of Jain Gazette: In the year 1992, Sri Jain was appointed Joint Editor of the leading weekly paper in Hindi ‘Jain Gazette’ which is largely circulated oldest Hindi Weekly of the All India Digamber Jain Mahasabha. Sri Jain worked very hard in making this paper popular by making some changes in its presentation and writing Editorials on very burning topics of social importance giving a balanced opinion on every subject. The editorials of Sri Jain were read by the people very eagerly and the Jain Gazette became a very popular paper in a very short time. Sri Jain is still continuing as its Joint Editor and contributing Editorials regularly on a variety of topics.
Sri Jain contributes Articles on various topics in th English, Hindi and Assamese newspapers such as Assam Tribune, Sentinel and Amar Asom etc. His articles are read with great enthusiasm by sundry. In the Year 2001, the 2600th Birth Anniversary of Bhagwan Mahavir was celebrated with great enthusiasm all over India. A central committee was formed with Sri Tarun Gagoi, the Chief Minister as the chairman and Sri Kapoor Chand Jain Patni as the General Secretary. A number of functions were organized by this Committee for two Years. We are giving below a list of Institutions with which Sri Jain is associated in various capacities:
1. Bharatvarshiya Digamber Jain Mahasabha, Central Committee Member.
2. General Secy of Assam State Digamber Jain Mahasabha.
3. General Committee Member of All India Digamber Jain Shastri Parishad
4. General Secretary, Sri Digamber Jain Vidyalaya, Guwahati.
5. Senior Member of the M.C. of Sri Digamber Jain Panchayat.
6. Senior Trustee of Sri Mahavir Bhawan Trust Borard..
7. Patron and Trustee of Chinmaya Mission Trust, Guwahati.
8. Chief Advisor, Sarva Dharma Manav Kalyan Santa, Guwahati.
9. Chief Advisor, Akhil Bharatvarshiya Sahitya Parishad, Delhi.
10. Life Member, Sri Marwari Hindi Pustakalaya, Guwahati.
11. Founder President, Jeevan Jyoti, Guwahati.
12. Joint Editor, Jain Gazette Lucknow.
13. Founder President, Guwahati Sanitary & Hardware Merchants’ Assn.
14. Central Committee Member of Bharat Vikash Parishad.
15. Trustee, Marwari Sammelan Siksha Kosh.
16. Former President, Sri P.S. Dhanuka Balika Vidyalaya, Guwahati.
17. Consulting Editor, Jain Bulletin, Guwahati.
18. Chief Editor, Vardhaman Patrika, Pandu.
19. Vice –President, Brihattar Fancy Bazar sahitya Sabha, Guwahati.
20. Central Committee Member,Purvottar Pardesiya Marwari Sammelan.
21. Trustee-In-Charge, Sri Digamber Jain Junior College, Guwahati.
22. Central Committee Member and Trustee, Gajendranath Talukdar Chinmaya Memorial School, Guwahati.
23. Central Committee Member, Marwari Maternity Hospital.
24. Awarded Jain Kovis by Hira Bhayya Institute. Indore.
Sri Jain has presented a number of speeches on different occasion the All India Radio, Guwahati. He has also appeared in a number of programmes on Guwahati Doordarshan.